Canon MX492 MP Driver Windows 1.02
Canon Inc. - 32MB (Freeware)
Version : 1.02
Size : 32MB
Date Added : February 23,2019
License : Freeware
Languages : Multi-Languages
Publisher : Canon Inc.
Website : https://global.canon/
OS : Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP
- No Virus
- No Spyware
- No Bundle
- No Adware
Canon MX492 MP Driver (Print and Scanner) for Windows
(Standard) This is a driver that will provide full functionality for your selected model. It also allows you to set-up your printer for printing and scanning wirelessly. For an enhanced user experience we also recommend installing My Image Garden software. A version of this standard driver will have been included on the CD provided with your original product.
- [Windows 10]
Some of the settings (such as borderless printing) in the OS standard print settings screen are not valid. the settings in the Printer printing Preferences window are valid. Make settings in Printer printing Preferences when necessary.
- [Windows 10]
Layout printing from the OS standard print settings screen may not be performed as expected in Some instances.
In such cases, open the Printer Printing Preferences window and change the paper size accordingly.
- With Internet Explorer 11, a web site containing Japanese may not be printed properly. In Windows Update, update the OS and Internet Explorer to the latest version.
- If the OS is upgraded with the scanner driver remained installed, scanning by pressing the SCAN button on the Printer may not be performed After the upgrade. in such cases, re-install the scanner driver.
- When MP Driver installation was stopped by the following acts with the screen awaiting connection, install it again. The installation is not completed even if plugged-in the USB cable again or turned-on the power supply again.
– To cancel the installation.
– To plugged-out the USB cable.
Download / Installation Procedures
- Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
- Double-click the downloaded EXE file to decompress it, then installation will start automatically.
If needed, you can uninstall this program using the Control Panel.
The steps below are for Windows 7. This procedure may be different for other OSes.
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then, under Programs click Uninstall a Program
- A page will open with a list of installed programs. Double click on the program that you want to uninstall.
- Click “Yes” then “OK”, this will complete the uninstallation process.
– The failure (suspension during operation) in installing Windows 10 November update (1511) environment has been resolved.